Reporting to the director of upper school, the founding DDE Institute Director will work collaboratively with other administrative and teaching colleagues to maintain a learner-centered, inclusive K-12 school community. Maximizing the myriad of resources available in Los Angeles and beyond, the DDE Institute at Wildwood School will embody the collaborative nature of the school’s mission and philosophy. In cohorts within and between grade levels throughout upper school (9-12), students will have opportunities to create, innovate, and imagine solutions to real world problems with mentoring from the institute director, Wildwood faculty, and experts in the field.
In addition to in-school work in classes and work groups, students will participate in after school and summer opportunities at Wildwood and in the community beyond. The director works with students, colleagues, and outside resources to surround students with information and access to resources that will allow for authentic, real-world work. Students will present their work at conferences and submit for publication in order to practice these important skills while sharing their experience, practice, and innovation.
The Digital Design and Entrepreneurship Institute at Wildwood School will provide scaffolding for structured exploration and connection to families and outside organizations as cohorts of students who gain entry into the program work together to identify areas of focus, nonprofits, companies, and people with whom to partner in the work, create a meaningful project or projects that will benefit the fields involved and participate in targeted, additional instruction coordinated by and often taught by the director.
The Digital Design and Entrepreneurship Institute director’s primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a scope and sequence or curriculum guides that supports faculty
- Encouraging students to act as a peer support system for members of the cohort to succeed, nurture and develop student leaders
- Identifying and fostering on behalf of Wildwood School and its students meaningful connections with related professionals in for-profit, non-profit, and educational organizations in Los Angeles and beyond
- Teaching electives designed to ignite a passion for digital design and entrepreneurship
- Leading appropriate K-12 faculty in developing programming that will support and benefit from the work within the institute program and cohort
- Maintaining connections with Wildwood School graduates who’ve benefitted from the Institute as they continue related work in college and beyond
- Staffing and/or recruiting, identifying, and coordinating staffing for related summer programs
- Assisting with the development of language and assessments by collecting data that drives instructional goals
- Working collaboratively with other administrative and teaching colleagues to foster a technologically dynamic, learner-centered, inclusive K-12 school community
Collaborating with appropriate others to:
- Support directors in providing oversight of related visual arts, technology, and entrepreneurship curriculum development and classroom implementation of curriculum
- Participate in admissions activities as needed
Successful candidates will demonstrate related experience in the field; possess a kind, firm, and empathetic demeanor; a collaborative, flexible nature; a commitment to issues of multiculturalism; and unquestioned professionalism and work ethic. Preferred candidates will have a master’s degree and exhibit a facility in design; entrepreneurship; and technology integration.
Compensation will be appropriate for the market and the individual’s experience, and will include Wildwood’s comprehensive benefit plan. To apply: Please send via email a cover letter, resume, and references to Alberto Duarte, HR director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the phrase “DDE Institute Director” in the subject line of your email.
Wildwood offers a robust athletics program with over 68% of middle and upper school students participating in one or more sports. Wildwood coaches are professional, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic mentors who possess effective management skills as well as the experience to provide sport-specific training and skill development for student athletes.
Wildwood fields competitive teams in the following sports: Indoor Volleyball, Beach Volleyball, Cross-Country, Swimming, Basketball, Soccer, Baseball, Track and Field, Golf, and Tennis.
Wildwood seeks exemplary coaches and accepts applications throughout the year from qualified candidates. If you are interested in a coaching position at Wildwood, please send a cover letter and resume to Athletics Director Billy DuMone at email@example.com.
Coaching positions available for the school year:
Middle School Volleyball
Upper School and Middle School Basketball
Middle School Soccer
Middle School Boys Volleyball
Wildwood School is an urban, coed, college-preparatory, K-12 school in West Los Angeles recognized for its progressive pedagogy and commitment to multicultural programming. Approaching its 50th anniversary, the school enrolls 753 students in three divisions on two campuses. Through its Outreach Center, Wildwood School has provided professional development programming for public and independent school teachers, administrators, and trustees in over 16 states and eight countries.
Teaching positions available for the school year:
- 7th Grade Humanities
- Digital Media Arts Teacher
If you believe you are qualified for an open position, please fill out an application and email it with a cover letter and resume to Leah Mineo. Qualified candidates will be granted a preliminary interview. Finalists generally are invited for a full-day interview. Click here for more details.
Digital Media Arts Teacher