The Advisory Toolkit
Personalize your students’ learning experience with proven curriculum and best practices.
The Advisory Toolkit is a unique two-part set published by The Wildwood Outreach Center that includes a detailed workbook and a DVD. The kit is designed to provide guidance and ideas from designing an advisory program that fits your school's mission to establishing a purposeful curriculum that advances student achievement.
Advisory programs have emerged as one of the most powerful models for middle school and high school academic success. The program works in schools small and large, public and private. Founded on respect, communication, and values relationships, advisories establish a critical foundation for student growth.
Developing an advisory program relies on engaged implementation, and The Advisory Toolkit gives you a place to begin the work. For every school inspired to enhance the experiences of students, The Advisory Toolkit can point the way forward.
The Advisory Toolkit contains five essential units:
- What is advisory: personalizing the school environment
- Design and implementation: your school’s profile and practice
- Being an advisor: insight, support, and advocacy
- Advisory curriculum basics: how it works, and why
- The Wildwood middle and upper school curriculum: examples and ideas
- Assessing advisory: tracking outcomes