Meet Theo P., Class of 2031
For third grader Theo P. ‘31, the best part of Wildwood is a toss-up.
“Either the library or Big Yard,” Theo says while enjoying a snack with his classmates. “Both places let you learn and try new things—one on your own and one with friends.”
Since coming to Wildwood as a kindergartener, Theo can most often be found with either a book or a ball in his hands.
“I love football, soccer, basketball, and baseball,” Theo says. “It’s really fun to be able to play with friends every day at Big Yard and after school.”
In the library, Theo has been immersed lately in Diary of a Wimpy Kid, working his way through the 16-book series. Having finished Jack and the Magical Garden as part of Book Group in just two days, it’s a challenge he’s excited to take on.
Another challenge? Jog-a-Thon, where Theo has set the goal of running 20 laps this year.
“It’s more than I’ve ever done, but I’m stronger and better prepared than I was last year,” Theo says.
He also has the friendship and encouragement of his classmates.
“Everyone is really nice and fun,” Theo says. “We all try to help each other.”
Recently, Theo’s experiences in Wildwood’s garden and the outdoors have nurtured another growing interest: camping. While Theo has another year before it’s time to narrow down a topic and share at All School Meeting, like many of his classmates, he’s already started to think about what he would say and how he would present it to his teachers, family, and classmates in his “Meet the Leader” share.
“I just think there’s a lot of ways you can show how fun camping is and what it teaches you,” Theo says.
Whether it’s camping, football, reading, or a brand-new passion, we look forward to seeing where Theo’s curiosity takes him next.
Faculty & Staff
- Amy Abrams, Director of College Counseling and Alumni Relations
- Dr. Banks-Hunt, Director of Upper School
- Steve Barrett, Director of Outreach
- Francesca Bill, Kindergarten Teacher
- Jaimi Boehm, Director of Middle School
- Anthony Brown, CFO/COO
- Sandi Crozier, Interim Elementary Librarian
- Alex Cussen, Middle School Humanities Teacher
- Herach Danlyan, Upper School Math Teacher
- Karen Dye, Director of Equity and Inclusion
- Landis Green, Head of School
- Kristin Hampton, Director of Institutional Advancement
- Claudia Hatter, Fifth Grade Teacher
- Christina Kyong, Associate Head of School
- Michelle Meena, Director of Head’s Office and Board Relations
- Kimberly Pope, Director of Admission and Enrollment Management
- Katie Rios, Director of Elementary School
- Nicholas Smith, Director of Educational Technology